Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Building Blocks: Overview

Alright, I’ve hinted and even mentioned what all the components are in the scoreboard, but not really in much detail. To supplement my building blocks series of posts, I thought I would put together a simple diagram of how all the different building blocks are connected and with some basic stats for each.



As you can see, there is quite a bit of power distribution throughout the design. This was one of my main focus points because I wanted to make sure the power was distributed in a safe and maintainable manner. The last thing I want is an epic failure during the middle of a game (i.e. flames…).

Let’s see…I’ve done building blocks post on the digits and the SMPS. I think next I’ll discuss some of the code I used on the atMega328p and then perhaps a blog on the battery, battery safety, and power distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment